Information for People with Disabilities
If you are currently looking for employment or even just thinking about working, we hope the information on this site will help you in your process and answer some of your questions.
Alaska Works Initiative Staff - This page will give you information about the staff of our program who can assist you in your vocational efforts.
Employment Services for People w/Disabilities - This page will give you information and links to programs and services to help you find and keep a job.
'Partners In Employment' - http://www.partnersinpolicymaking.com/employment/ is a self-study, Internet-based learning program, created to give users the practical skills needed to find real, competitive employment in their own community.
After completing this free course, participants will:
- Understand the hiring process and how it might differ for people with disabilities
- Know how to succeed with their strengths, skills, and interests
- Create a resume or portfolio that presents a person and his or her abilities in the best light
- Know how to network and identify potential employers
- Be prepared for a successful job interview
- Know how to evaluate a job offer and make sure it fits a personÕs skills and dreams
Do you recieve Social Security Benefits? If so, you probably have a lot of questions about how work will effect your benefits and health care services. The good news is that you can work and earn a substantial amount of money and keep your Medicaid. We can help show you how and answer your questions through benefit planning services. Be sure to go to the benefit planning page to find out more.